Like so many of us bloggers to feel connection and that your message is truly being heard and related to is my hope for every published piece. I really appreciate feeling a part of this community and I receive so very much from reading other peoples’ feelings and perspectives of their world every day.
So I’ve been told exactly how to execute this Sunshine Blogger Nomination and share the love and it goes like this:
I answer the 11 questions posed by Em. Then, I create 11 questions and forward to bloggers who that I nominate.
Firstly, answer the questions.
- What has been your favorite age, and why?
I would have to say that I have enjoyed my 30’s to present day. Despite the intense grief and loss I experienced over this decade I have also experienced cosmical joy paramount to none. I feel that out of all of my adult existence this has been the time frame that I really have come into myself.
2. What things do you collect?
I collect tattoos- I mean really how does anyone get just one. Tattoos for me represent an artful way to honor transitions and achievements in life. They are also very symbolic of people whom I love and cherish deeply. I also collect feathers that I find out in nature. There’s a story to how my feather collection was born but perhaps for another post.
3. Do you work better with actual lists or with mental lists?
I need an actual list. It is a bit of a calming ritual for me to write it all down on a list and dump it out of my brain. Then, I feel I can safely let those thoughts go because I have a physical reference. Otherwise, I will create a mental frenzy trying not to forget anything from a mental list.
4. Do you meditate? Why or why not?
I do meditate but I am not rigid about how, where, when. I released all of my hangups with not meditating “right” and do what feels good to me.
5. What is your favorite non mental health book or author?
I really enjoyed all things written by Maya Angelou. Zora Neal Hurston “Their Eyes Were Watching God” blew my mind. Most recently one of my favorites and top recommended books is “The Art of Hearing Heartbeats” by Jan-Philip Sendker.
6. How old do you want to get?
No particular age in mind. Though, I know that I don’t want to outlive most of my friends and my love. I don’t want to get so old that I have no quality of life. That is more important to me than a specific age.
7. Do you think the human species is getting better, getting worse, or do you think we just do the same things over and over again?
A little of all of the above. I think in certain ways we are much better than we used to be in the way we treat other humans. More accepting of others. I think we have a looongggg way to go in how we treat other humans, animals, our environment. I think we consume in a disgusting way and promote consumption and greed and more as a way to stuff the void that we feel inside ourselves. I think in certain ways we are repeating ourselves. I heard this cliche “Lessons will be repeated until they are learned.”. I think that is very relevant to the human species currently.
8. Do you believe in things metaphysical? Do you believe in horoscopes, prognosticating cards, and so on?
I believe to a certain degree. I believe in energy and what you put out you get back. I find horoscopes, numerology and cards interesting and perhaps an alternative strategy for self-insight. However, I feel that action is a necessity to grow or change.
9. Team Marvel or Team DC?
I have no idea- I like Wonder Woman. That’s all.
10. Do you like brunch and if you do, what’s your favorite brunch food?
I don’t brunch often. If I do I tend to overdo it and wind up in a food coma for the remainder of the day. But I love all brunch foods and Bloody Mary’s. Yes please!
11. Eat in, or eat out?
Both? I love to cook and experiment with recipes but I love to be treated to a nice night out and I love sushi.
My nominees for the Sunshine Blogging Award are:
- Miranda Levi at Miranda Levi
- How I Lost My Chains at She Was Set Free
- Suffer Writes at Suffer Knows
- Sharon at Caterpillars2butterflies
- Morgan Bradham at Mamawolfmomo
- Fractured Faith at Fracturedfaithblog
- Shreya Vikram at the midnight ember
- Bogdan at Pointless Overthinking
- Dopamine at dyanstorm
- Betul Erbasi at To Write or not to Write and What to Write
My 11 Questions (Who came up with 11 of everything? Anyone know?) Here’s how this works, first, answer 11 questions. Then, ask 11 of your own questions to 11 bloggers who you choose to nominate.
- Do you use any excuse to dress up or get into a costume or character or do you find the whole idea of dressing up loathsome?
- Are you a morning person or late night person?
- Name one place where you immediately feel at peace and content and why?
- Name a piece of art whether it be a book, poem, painting, sculpture, music that changed your life- what was the impact on that moment you encountered it?
- Do you care about what you wear and how you look?
- What is one attribute you judge other people on?
- Do you have the capacity to hate?
- When you die what do you think people will say about your life?
- What legacy do you hope to leave behind?
- What is your most favorite thing to do right now?
- Are you done learning and growing?